2 Years / 79 Credit Hours (plus 47 transfer credit hours)
If you have completed at least two years of university, or have graduated with a two or three-year diploma from a Community College, the Bachelor of Religious Education (BRE) degree is for you.
Combine your previous studies with a shortened program designed to provide you with the central elements of ministry training. This two-year program meets the educational requirements for credentials with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC).
Highlights of the Bachelor of Religious Education
- Experience the innovative educational approach of the FIRST YEAR program in your foundational year.
- Add an additional year of theology, Bible and practical ministry courses.
- Select up to four electives (two in the FIRST YEAR are optional and free!)
- Practice your ministry skills with guidance from a pastor/mentor in an eight-week summer internship between your first and second years.
- Get connected with local Pentecostal pastors, leaders from our districts, and our excellent faculty.
Graduate with the educational requirements you need to qualify for licensed ministerial credentials with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC).
|Canadian Society & Evangelism||3|
|Interpreting the Bible||3|
|1st Semester – Total||16|
|Jesus in the Gospels||3|
|Foundations of Theology||3|
|Family, Church & Society||3|
|2nd Semester – Total||16|
|BRE Summer Internship||9|
|History of Pentecostalism||3|
|3rd Semester – Total||19|
|Holy Spirit: Pentecostal Perspective||3|
|The Church & Its Future||3|
|Administering the Local Church||3|
|4th Semester – Total||19|