4 Years / 126 Credit Hours
This four-year degree is a comprehensive program of training for ministry, with courses in theology, Bible, practical ministry and general studies. In addition to acquiring a solid biblical and theological foundation, you will also develop the practical ministry and leadership skills essential to effectively give leadership to a faith community.
Highlights of the Bachelor of Theology (Pastoral)
- Experience the innovative educational approach of the FIRST YEAR program in your foundational year.
- Dig deeply into theology, Bible and practical ministry courses as your program progresses.
- Participate in four program-specific courses designed to build your knowledge and skills in pastoral leadership and mission.
- Attend the Catalyst conference in Atlanta, GA, and learn from North American experts in pastoral ministry.
- Practice your ministry skills with guidance from a pastor/mentor in a twelve-week internship in your last semester.
- Get connected with local Pentecostal pastors, leaders from our districts, and our excellent faculty.
- Graduate with the educational requirements you need to qualify for licensed ministerial credentials with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC).
|Canadian Society & Evangelism||3|
|Interpreting the Bible||3|
|1st Semester – Total||16|
|Jesus and the Gospels||3|
|Foundations of Theology||3|
|Family, Church & Society||3|
|Communicating through Teaching||3|
|2nd Semester – Total||16|
|TBD (To Be Determined)||3|
|Discipleship in the Local Church||3|
|Field Education I – Community Ministry||CR|
|3rd Semester – Total||16|
|Holy Spirit: Pentecostal Perspective||3|
|Understanding Human Behaviour||3|
|Field Education II – Community Ministry||CR|
|4th Semester – Total||16|
|Using Biblical Greek||3|
|History of Pentecostalism||3|
|Pastoral Ministry Workshop||3|
|Field Education III – Church Ministry||CR|
|5th Semester – Total||16|
|The Church & Its Future||3|
|Administering the Local Church||3|
|Church Mission & Planting||3|
|Field Education IV – Church Ministry||CR|
|6th Semester – Total||16|
|Pastoral Care: Minister as First Responder||3|
|7th Semester – Total||15|
|B.Th. Internship: Administration||3|
|B.Th. Internship: Personal Development||3|
|B.Th. Internship: Programing||3|
|B.Th. Internship: Communication||3|
|B.Th. Internship: Capstone||3|
|8th Semester – Total||15|