Admissions FAQ

Admissions FAQ

What are your academic requirements?

You must have a Grade 12 high school diploma, your GED (i.e. General Equivalency Diploma) or one year of CEGEP if you are from Quebec.  If you are 21 or over and have neither of the above, you can apply as a “Mature Student” and do the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) to satisfy the admission requirements.  We have also accepted many home school students in the past and they have done quite well. Contact the Registrar`s Office or see Home School Students FAQ for additional information.

Do I have to be a Christian to attend Master’s?

Yes, you must be a Christian to attend Master’s.  Our purpose is “to train up Pentecostal leaders for ministry”.  That said you don’t have to have it all together before you come.  We are all in the growing and maturing process together.  What matters is that you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

What are the steps I need to take to be enrolled?

Complete and submit the Regular Application Form, including the required transcripts and references.  We’ll walk you through any questions you may have and help you through the process.

Apply Now

What is the deadline to apply?

We recommend that you submit your application form by August 1s or December 1st.  This allows you to finalize your preparations without rushing. Students from the USA should submit their application forms about four to six weeks prior to the semester they want to enroll in, while students from other countries should submit their applications at least six months before their anticipated enrolment.

What is the application fee?

There is a $75.00 ($125.00 for applicants outside of Canada and the USA) fee for the Regular Application Form and a $25.00 fee for the Occasional Student Application Form.

How long does it take for my application to be completed once I’ve turned everything in?

Once your application has been received (including all reference forms, official transcripts and application fee) we will process it as soon as possible.  It is usually processed within five business days.  You will be notified by mail and usually by phone as well of our decision.

How can I send my paperwork in?

You can send any documentation or paperwork to us in the following ways:

a) By Mail: Master’s College & Seminary, Attn: Jessica Nelder, 780 Argyle St., Peterborough, ON K9H 5T2

b) By Fax: (705) 749-0417

c) By Scanning and Emailing to:

What is required to come in as a transfer student and will you accept all my credits?

If you are transferring from another institution, please submit your official transcript to the Dean of Educational Services, Merv Anthony.  He will review your transcript, possibly request further information, and make the final decision as to which credits will transfer.

What if I need academic assistance?

Academic assistance is available through the Academic Success Center (ASC), as well as through peer tutoring.  If you feel you would benefit from academic assistance, please visit ASC office in the Learning Commons. If you have a learning disability, please discuss this with Merv Anthony, our Dean of Educational Services.